In the Canal (ITC) Hearing Aids
As the name implies, in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids fit in the ear canal. They are slightly larger and extend a little farther out than completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids. However, due to their slightly larger size, in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids can fit more features than CICs. Like CICs and ITEs, ITC hearing aids are custom fit for your ear. They fit slightly farther out than CIC hearing aids and are partially visible. Wearers may choose from a variety of flesh-toned casings, making them difficult to notice.
Advantages of In-the-Canal Hearing Aids
- Natural hearing experience due to microphone’s placement close to the eardrum
- Cuts down on feedback due to placement
- Stay in place
Disadvantages of In-the-Canal Hearing Aids
- Short battery life due to small batteries
- More difficult to insert than larger styles such as in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids
- Prone to moisture/earwax build-up
- Fewer features than larger models
Are in-the-canal hearing aids right for you?
If you have mild to moderately-severe hearing loss, desire a discreet hearing device, and have good use of your hands, an ITC hearing aid may be a good choice.
To find out for sure, schedule a free hearing consultation: 012-9126625