Completely in the Canal (CIC) Hearing Aids
CICs are the smallest hearing aid style except for invisible-in-the-canal (IIC) hearing aids. They fit inside the ear canal, with only a small portion of the face visible, making them difficult to notice.
These one-piece hearing aids are custom molded to your ear canal. A small speaker rests on the back of the aid, while the microphone and battery door are on its face. A tiny cord helps you insert and remove the device.
Advantages of Completely-in-the-Canal Hearing Aids
- Very discreet
- Custom fit
- Natural hearing experience due to microphone’s placement close to the eardrum
- Low feedback due to placement
- Stay in place
Disadvantages of Completely-in-the-Canal Hearing Aids
- Short battery life due to small batteries
- More difficult to insert than larger styles such as in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids
- Prone to moisture/earwax build-up
- Fewer features than larger models
- Can be difficult to fit in some ear canals
Are CIC hearing aids right for you?
If you have mild to moderate hearing loss, have good use of your hands, and require a discreet hearing device, a CIC hearing aid may be a good choice for you.
To find out for sure, schedule a free hearing consultation: 012-9126625