Hearing Loss Self-Test Checklist
The signs of hearing loss can be subtle and hard to recognize, thanks to the gradual period over which they may develop. Are any of the following situations familiar to you?
- Do you have problems understanding people when they talk?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they have said?
- Do you think people are mumbling more often than they used to?
- Do you have trouble hearing women or children?
- Do you have difficulty hearing in a noisy place?
- Do family members complain that you play the radio or TV too loudly?
- Do you experience ringing in your ears?
- Do you have difficulty following group conversations?
- Do you find it difficult to identify from which direction sounds are coming from?
- Have you been told that you speak too loudly?
If you encounter more than three or more situations, you may have hearing problem. The earlier you do something about it, the sooner you will find a solution to maintain your quality of life. Don’t wait too long and “forget” how to hear.